Newhouse Financial Services website uses cookies. For more information about how we use cookies please Read more.

Building & Contents Insurance

Building & Contents Insurance

Protecting your building if you are taking out a mortgage is a legal requirement and it’s important to ensure that you have the right cover. The cheapest policy isn’t always the best!

A Buildings Insurance policy should cover the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home if it’s damaged. It should cover you for events such as storms and floods, fire, vandalism, subsidence and water damage. Contents insurance covers all the items in your home against theft, fire, and flood.

So what items are classed as Buildings and what items would fall under Contents Insurance?

As a general rule, imagine lifting up your house and shaking it upside down. Anything that would fall out is Contents, what remains is Buildings.
Building & Contents insurance policies are not all the same, in fact, they can vary widely from one insurer to another and simply looking for the ‘cheapest’ policy could leave underinsured without you even realising.

We believe that quality & cost can go hand in hand and that’s why the only policies that we recommend to you are either defaqto 4 or 5* rated and are generally priced very competitively.

Please call us or drop us an email for further information. Our contact details can be found here

Call us on 01908299371

Arrange a call back

Our mission at Newhouse Financial Services is to offer simple, straightforward & honest mortgage advice. We aim to make the whole process of applying for a Mortgage as easy and stress-free as possible. Whether you are a first-time buyer looking to get on the property ladder, a homeowner looking to save a few pounds on your current mortgage, or need a new life insurance policy to protect your growing family, we're here to help. Looking for a more specialist mortgage? We have expert mortgage advisors who specialise in Help to Buy, Limited company mortgages, bad credit mortgages and contractor mortgages.


Read our reviews

Because we play by the book we want to tell you that…

Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
The fee is up to 1%, but a typical fee is 0.3% of the amount borrowed.

Need more help?

Contact us